Thursday, July 02, 2015

Cherry muffins

Hello everyone,

I'm leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow morning (Yey!) and I can tell you that my levels of excitement are high! Anyway,because of the weather forcast we will have to wake up really early to avoid the heatwave and I don't think that anyone will be craving breakfast at 5 a.m. Thankfully,we had a bunch of freshly picked cherries at home and I decided to make some breakfast muffins we could munch on in the car.

Those muffins are very light because there is no oil or fat involved,which makes me really fond of this recipe,and the cherries add moisture and flavour.I would also recommend adding lots of spices and vanilla extract,otherwise they might taste a little dull. The muffins taste their best when they are still warm and served with ice cream,YUMM...but I believe that they will make a pretty good breakfast on-the-go :) To put it in a nutshell,I will let you know how our trip to Amsterdam went and I hope that you will like this recipe.

Cherry muffins

Ingredients -1 cup cherries,pitted and chopped -1/2 cup buckwheat flour -1/2 cup oat flour -1 tsp baking powder -1 tsp baking soda -1 tbsp apple cider vinegar -1 cup pitted dates -1 cup water or plant milk -1/2 cup apple sauce -2 tsp ginger -1 tbsp vanilla extract

1.Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F and prepare your muffin molds.

2.Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.

3.Blend the dates with water until you get a smooth consistency.

4.Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and fold in the cherries.

5.Spoon the bather into your muffin molds and bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment